Here is what our clients are saying about us:
Whatever your business structure or industry, and wherever you are in the process of growing your business, Foothill Tax Services will collaborate with you to create customized and efficient solutions to effectively manage your small business or individual tax situation.
We value the relationships we build with our clients and honor the unique needs that bring each client to our practice. We are here to help you and make Winston-Salem a better community for all of us.
We offer the following services and much more.
ONE TIME FEE
Personal returns - Form 1040
Corporate returns - Form 1120 and 1120S
Partnerships and LLC returns - Form 1065
Not-for profit returns - Form 990
Strategic tax planning and minimization services
IRS correspondence and IRS audit representation
Federal and state withholding estimates
Tax planning for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings
DISCOUNTS & PRO-BONO
ONE TIME FEE
Pro-bono services are available upon request for low income individual taxpayers and not-for-profit organizations who cannot afford a professional tax advisor
Discounts are available for:
– Active, veteran, retired and reservist personnel of our brave US Armed Forces for their service to our country
– Frontline workers, including first responders, health care workers and educators
What do you get with our tax preparer services?
- A dedicated tax professional (CPA) to prepare your tax return
- Review of your previous tax returns
- Electronic filing (E-file) of your return
- Insightful recommendations on how to reduce your tax liabilities this year and in the future
At Foothill Tax Services we help you take control of your taxes in 5 simple steps
- When you become a client, we’ll meet with you in-person or virtually to chat about your tax situation so we can understand your individual and/or business goals. Our objective is always to minimize your tax liability.
- Afterwards, you can securely upload your information to our client portal using our mobile app or drop off your information at our conveniently located office.
- You’ll confidently continue your everyday affairs while we expertly prepare your tax returns.
- Together, we will review your return to address any questions. With the click of a button, we e-file your tax returns. This method assures the fastest delivery of any refund you are owed.
- Taking control of your taxes doesn’t stop at filing your returns. We stay in touch throughout the year to help you manage the impact your financial plan can have on your tax situation.
OUR APPROACH TO TAX PREPARATION & ADVISING
At Foothill Tax Services we believe year-round tax planning is for everyone, not just the wealthy. The truth is just because you filed your tax return, this doesn’t mean you don’t need to think about taxes for the rest of the year. This is because what you do now may affect the taxes you owe or refund you may expect next year.
Foothill Tax Services will help you with the annual tax basics and we will help you make proactive, tax-smart decisions all year long. Good tax planning can help all of the pieces of your financial plan work in harmony.
In any case, there are far better things that you could be doing with your time!
Simply select your service level and let us take care of the rest.
FEES STARTING AT
Federal and state tax returns prepared and e-filed
Annual tax return and planning meeting
Extension and quarterly estimated payment calculations & remittances
Quarterly check-in meetings and unlimited one-off questions
50% Discounted rate on additional services
Basic IRS and state problem resolution services
* Actual fees for tax return preparation and/or related advisory services depends on the complexity of your tax returns
** Should the level of service you need differ from our standard, please give us a call or click Get Started so we can customize a level of service that meets your needs
Foothills Tax Services was formed by Ryan Blair to provide area small businesses and individuals with high-quality, affordable tax advisory and preparation services. A member of the Winston-Salem financial community, and a local resident, Ryan also felt a growing urgency to give back by donating his expertise.
Ryan is a CPA licensed in North Carolina (Certificate No. 36628). He has 20 years of progressive tax leadership experience in publicly held corporate tax departments and public accounting firms. In public accounting, he served small privately held businesses and individuals, along with small to medium-sized public companies. His experience in publicly held corporate tax departments, includes:
- Federal and state tax compliance for corporations, partnerships, LLCs and not-for-profits
- Compensation, payroll tax and benefits issues for employees and executives
- Due diligence and execution of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- IRS and state tax audit representation and resolution
- Accounting for income taxes
- Tax technology application roadmaps and implementations
Ryan resides in Winston-Salem with his wife, Teresa, and their three children. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, golfing and serving as a tax and financial advisor for local not-for-profit organizations.